MAD HOUSERS Inc. is an Atlanta-based non-profit corporation engaged in charitable work, research and education. Our charter outlines our goals and purposes:
- To provide shelter for homeless individuals and families regardless of race, creed, national origin, gender, religion, or age.
- To develop low income housing for people in need of housing.
- To help people develop the skills and knowledge for constructing and rehabilitating housing and shelter.
- To increase the quantity and to improve the quality of housing in the world.
- To act, if necessary as an advocate for the homeless, to ensure that their moral and civil rights are protected.
The Mad Housers believe that if a person has a secure space from which to operate, they are much more capable of finding the resources to help themselves.
- (Feb 2013) We have found a new location for the Housers! More news soon, as we determine the level of effort to get it ready for move-in. UPDATE (Feb 28):After a whirlwind of activity, we have moved our materials out of the old warehouse and into the new location. We are still not ready to resume production - power was just turned on two days ago - but we're going to be setting up our new workspace over the course of the next month. Production will hopefully resume in April.