MAD HOUSERS Inc. is an Atlanta-based non-profit corporation engaged in charitable work, research and education. Our charter outlines our goals and purposes:
- To provide shelter for homeless individuals and families regardless of race, creed, national origin, gender, religion, or age.
- To develop low income housing for people in need of housing.
- To help people develop the skills and knowledge for constructing and rehabilitating housing and shelter.
- To increase the quantity and to improve the quality of housing in the world.
- To act, if necessary as an advocate for the homeless, to ensure that their moral and civil rights are protected.
The Mad Housers believe that if a person has a secure space from which to operate, they are much more capable of finding the resources to help themselves.
We'd like to welcome Laurel as our new Social Media Mistress! Send her interesting stuff at email@example.com.
It's been an active few weeks!
On the 27th, we held our Open House at our new headquarters. It was a light turnout, but we're grateful for everyone who showed up. Much grilled food was consumed and a good time was had by all.
Even though in the summer months the demand for our shelters is low, we're still going out, finding camps and talking to the homeless. Here's a pic from just the other day:
Yes, people live there.
Client outreach is a different set of activities and skills from construction - people skills more than technical skills. And it's vital for our mission! If you think that exploring the hidden crannies of Atlanta and talking to people in need would suit you, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and see how you can start helping.